Georgia Tech has partnered with Flywire to offer students an innovative and streamlined way to make international payments by wire transfer or international credit card. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. With Flywire, students are offered a locked-in foreign exchange rate with generally lower bank fees than traditional banks. Students are also able to track the progress of the payment process using a Flywire student dashboard.
How do I use Flywire to send funds to Georgia Tech?
- Go to Flywire to begin the payment process
- Fill out your payment details, including the home country and the amount to be sent in USD
- Flywire will convert the funds and send the amount to Georgia Tech to be applied to your student account
How long does it take for the funds to arrive?
The time for your payment to reach Georgia Tech will vary depending on the country and payment method that you select. Estimated dates of arrival are available in your student dashboard on Flywire’s website. Confirmation emails are sent by Flywire throughout the payment process. Please allow Georgia Tech up to 48 hours to post your payment to your student account upon delivery by Flywire.
What is the benefit of using Flywire versus sending payment directly from my local bank?
Flywire allows you to:
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Potentially save money on bank fees and receive locked-in exchange rates
- Receive dedicated multilingual customer support
Is there customer support available to assist me with my payment?
If you are in need of immediate assistance, you may reach Flywire’s support center at email@example.com or by phone using the contact information found here.
Please Note: If funds in excess of your student account balance are sent to Georgia Tech, the excess amount may only be returned to the originator. Funds sent through Flywire may be assessed a fee to process any returns.